Policies, Pricing, & FAQ
Click the Policies Below for More Information
In order to process your online registration, you must agree to the terms & conditions for Stage Door School of Dance, listed below.
FALL (September to June)
- INITIAL PAYMENT: Upon registering for Fall 2023-2024 enrollment fees will be due for the total number of hours enrolled. Please refer to the pricing guidelines on our website. All fees are based on a total cost to attend 31 classes per dance season, broken down into 10 monthly installments. Your non-refundable initial payment includes payment 10 and your $30 registration fee, per dancer.
- PAYMENT METHODS: We gladly accept the following forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. In order to register your dancer, a valid form of payment must be linked to your MYSDSD account. ALL accounts will be automatically charged on the 5th of the month towards your tuition, September through May. If your card is declined, please note that an attempt to charge your card will occur again on the 10th with an additional $15 late fee. If your account becomes past due, your dancer will not be permitted to attend class until your balance is paid in full.
- NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL: Notice of your desire to withdrawal from any or all Stage Door classes must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and with a phone call to (631) 654-8858. This notification is required to properly adjust your account and cancel billing for the following month. If notice is not given, your account will continue to be billed and you will be responsible for the charges. *Please note that accounts cannot be placed on hold if an injury prevents your dancer from taking class, they are encouraged to attend in person to observe or via our virtual class platform.
- COSTUMES: Dance costumes are paid in FULL by November 14th. If your dancer withdraws after costumes are ordered, they cannot be returned or refunded. Dancers who withdrew can pick up their costumes the first week of June.
- RECITAL: Our annual recital participation is highly encouraged. Each class has been pre-assigned to one recital performance. If you choose to opt out of the recital, we must be notified no later than January.
- ABSENCES: If you are unable to attend a class due to injury, or a prior engagement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuition will NOT be prorated or adjusted in any way due to absences.
- LATE PICK UP: We must be notified if a parent/guardian will be late to pick up their child. After two or more late pickups, a fee of $10 will be posted to your account.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Stage Door School of Dance reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment and will place your dancer into an appropriate class.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby acknowledge and understand that participating in both the on-premises and virtual classes offered by Stage Door School of Dance may require a degree of physical fitness, agility, stamina, and strength and that it may involve strenuous exercise. I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages which may incur as a result of participating in any class offered by Stage Door School of Dance. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless Stage Door School of Dance, its owners, operators, employees and instructors from any and all liability whatsoever for any and all damages, losses or injuries, including death, I may sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, expenses, and costs, including attorney fees, which may arise out of, result from or in connection in any manner with the participation in both virtual classes or classes taken physically at the Stage Door School of Dance studio premises.
- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES: As the legal parent or guardian, I give permission to Stage Door School of Dance, its owners, and operators to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or conditions and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
- RECITAL MEDIA BUNDLE: Recital Media Bundle is paid in full by March 14th. Dancers who are not in the recital will not be charged. Bundle includes professional class group digital photo and digital download of the dance recital.
- PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: I give permission for Stage Door School of Dance (SDSD) to take photos of me or my child for promotional purposes, while participating in SDSD activities. Names of students will not be used or disclosed.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Classes will not be canceled and will resume via Zoom. Families will be notified through our website if the studio is closed due to inclement weather. Zoom links are in each dancer’s MYSDSD account.
- ADULT DROP IN: See the front desk for more information.
SUMMER (July to August)
- INITIAL PAYMENT: Payment of the full session’s tuition is due at the time of Registration This payment includes the one-time class charge per dancer as well as a $30 Registration Fee per student or $40 per family. Class sizes are limited and placement in a specific class cannot be guaranteed unless the account is paid in full.
- PAYMENT METHODS: We gladly accept the following forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express. To register your dancer, a valid form of payment must be linked to your MYSDSD account. ALL accounts will be automatically charged upon receiving your registration.
- PAYMENT FEES: Returned checks and or declined credit cards will incur a $25.00 fee per occurrence.
- NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL: Notice of your desire the withdrawal from any or all Stage Door classes must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and by phone call to (631) 654-8858. This notification is required to properly adjust your account. If notice is not given your account will continue to be billed automatically and you will be responsible for the charges.
- REFUND: Summer tuition and registration fee is non-refundable.
ABSENCES: If you are unable to attend a class due to injury, or a prior engagement please see the front desk for a make-up class option. Tuition will NOT be prorated or adjusted in any way due to absences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Stage Door School of Dance reserves the right to cancel any class for low enrollment and will place dancers into appropriate classes where available.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Stage Door School of Dance, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or in route to or from any of said premises. I understand and accept that Stage Door School of Dance will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal property brought onto the premises or at rehearsal and performance sites. I understand that appropriate physical contact is required during the instruction of dance, and I give permission for instructors to make appropriate physical contact with me or my child for such instruction.
- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES: As the legal parent or guardian, I give permission to Stage Door School of Dance, its owners and operators to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or conditions and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
- PHOTO RELEASE: I give permission for Stage Door School of Dance (SDSD) to take photos of me or my child for promotional purposes, while participating in SDSD activities. Names of students will not be used or disclosed. I understand that for the safety of our dancers and their families, all photos and or videos of SDSD classes, rehearsals and/or performances, including dancers in SDSD costumes, will not be published or posted publicly, in printed or electronic format, without the express written permission of SDSD and the Director, Branding and Communications. Parental permission will be requested.
Stage Door School of Dance COVID-19 Protocols were last updated: February 28, 2022
To ensure the health and safety of our students, families, and staff, we’ll ask that you please take a moment to review the following list of our Stage Door School of Dance Covid-19 Protocols. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 654-8858 at anytime.
Our health and safety policies, practices, and procedures are subject to change pending the immediate COVID-19 situation. WE will continue to diligently communicate any updates with our staff, families, and clients as swiftly as possible.
Our protocols only reflect Stage Door School of Dance. Please contact any other organizations or institutions you are involved with for further information regarding their COVID-19 policies and procedures.
WHO IS PERMITTED IN THE BUILDING: As of February 1, 2022 students, staff, and 1 parent / guardian are permitted into the building during class times. Siblings of dancers may also enter the facility with the 1 designated parent / guardian.
FACE MASKS (UPDATED FEB. 28, 2022): Face masks will be OPTIONAL ONLY as of Wednesday, March 2, 2022. If you should choose to require your dancer to continue to wear their face mask, please note that staff / faculty will no longer be responsible for monitoring your dancer’s face mask use. We encourage parents / guardians to remain in the building and watch their class via our screens to monitor your dancer. Should your dancer not be wearing a mask against your wishes, we kindly ask that you address this matter directly with your student. A front desk associate will be more than happy to go into the classroom to bring your child out to you as to not disrupt the class or other dancers.
Please note: This rule applies to our studio only. This rule does not currently apply to any SDSD event held outside of our facility such competitions or performances, as those rules will be set by the facility provider.
HAND SANITIZERS: There are hand sanitizing stations at the entry of the building, and at the entry of every studio. All staff and students are encouraged to hand sanitize prior to entering and exiting each studio.
HANDS-ON CORRECTIONS: Hands-on corrections, and partnering are not recommended at this time. So, we will be providing auditory instruction and demonstration only.
CLASS LENGTH: Every class will be 50 minutes long to allow sufficient time for safe pickup. At the end of class, all dancers will be escorted from their dance class to our Parent Pickup area at the entry of the Building.
DAILY STUDIO SANITATION: Stage Door staff will be working diligently to sanitize all touch points between all classes. We have improved our sanitation methods based on COVID-19 requirements and will continue to do so to protect our dancers and families.
POSITIVE CASE / EXPOSURE PROTOCOLS
If a dancer tests positive for COVID-19:
Parents / Guardians must communicate your positive test result to studio via email@example.com or Calling (631) 654-8858.
Classes with exposures will be emailed by Stage Door School of Dance to be notified of said exposure.
All dancers who test positive for COVID-19 or who have been notified that they were exposed to COVID-19 within their Stage Door School of Dance CLASS, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION, are asked to not enter the Stage Door School of Dance facility for 5 days from recieving their test results or exposure notification.
Should you have additional SDSD classes within those 5 days you are asked to participate in class via zoom.
If a dancer has been exposed to COVID-19 outside of Stage Door:
Parents / guardians must communicate your exposure / quarantine to studio via firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (631) 654-8858.
Refrain from entering the Stage Door School of Dance facility for 5 days from the start of your exposure notification.
Should you have any SDSD classes within those 5 days you are asked to participate in class via Zoom.
DANCER DOS AND DON’TS
All dancers are asked to bring only the essentials to class and follow all of the instructions below to ensure a safe, fun, learning environment!
Bring only a Water Bottle and Change of Shoes and only if necessary a cell phone.
Follow instructions waiting to enter your classroom.
Where a face mask over your mouth and nose at all times.
Try to stay social distanced from other dancers during class when possible.
Try to use the bathroom before entering the building.
Attend class if you are not feeling well.
Bring any unnecessary things like full Dance Bags, t-shirts, dolls, toys, food.
Touch other dancers.
Use the Water Fountain (this will not be available for use).
Enter any closed off areas (additional bathroom stalls, unused studios)
- Do I have to participate in Recital?
No. Dancers do not have to participate in our annual recital. However, we encourage all dancers to participate as it is a great, fun experience that assists in the learning process.
- When does Recital choreography begin?
Classes will begin learning their recital dance in January upon returning to class following the winter-break.
- Where is the annual Recital held?
Staller Center for Performing Arts – located on Stony Brook University Campus.
- When is the annual Recital?
The performance is typically scheduled for early-to-mid-June.
Stage Door School of Dance hosts a variety of studio events throughout the year which include workshops with Broadway, Film & TV elite performers and choreographers, as well as youth-driven drop-off events such as movie nights, crafting events, birthday parties, and themed dance parties.
Enrolling in a Stage Door Event signifies your intent to attend during the specified date and time. Enrollment indicates an acknowledgement of the event details and the confirmed interest in participating in the event. Fees are charged upon completing enrollment and are non-refundable 7 days prior the the event date. All cancelations prior to this deadline must be communicated in writing to email@example.com.
*Please note: All events are open to the public and enrollment with SDSD is not required unless otherwise noted. All SDSD studio event registration / participation fees are final and non refundable.
Click the Policies Below for More Information
- For 8+ hours of class per dancer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 654-8858 for pricing and more information.
- A $30 non-refundable registration fee per student will be applied upon enrollment for 2023-2024 season.
- Your non-refundable initial payment includes payment 10 and your $30 registration fee, per dancer. All fees are based on a total cost to attend 31 classes per dance season (September-June), broken down into 10 monthly installments. Total investment for 1 class per week September-June ranges between $500-$650, divided into 10 monthly installments.
*Please note: Your monthly tuition payment is not based on how many classes occur per month.
- GIRLS: Black leotard, pink tights (Over the feet), pink ballet shoes, ballet skirt (Optional). Hair in slick bun, pulled off the face and neck.
- BOYS: Black sweat pants or dance pants, white t-shirt, black ballet shoes, hair off the face and neck.
- GIRLS: Black leotard, tan tights (Over the feet), tan slip-on jazz shoes, fitted black jazz shorts or pants (Optional). Hair in slick bun, pulled off the face and neck.
- BOYS: Black sweat pants or dance pants, white t-shirt, black slip-on jazz shoes, hair off the face and neck.
- GIRLS: Black leotard, tan tights (Over the feet), tan slip-on tap shoes (Color and heel height determined by teacher), fitted black jazz shorts or pants (Optional). Hair in slick bun, pulled off the face and neck.
- BOYS: Black sweat pants or dance pants, white t-shirt, black tap shoes, hair off the face and neck.
MODERN / LYRICAL / ACRO
- GIRLS: Black leotard, tan stirrup or footless tights, barefoot, fitted black jazz shorts or pants (Optional). Hair in slick bun, pulled off the face and neck.
- BOYS: Black sweat pants or dance pants, white t-shirt, barefoot, hair off the face and neck.
- GIRLS: All black dancewear or comfortable clothing, non-marking soled shoes (sneakers designated specifically for class), hair off the face.
- BOYS: All black dancewear or comfortable clothing, non-marking soled shoes (sneakers designated specifically for class), hair off the face.
*Please note: Dancers are welcome and encouraged to come dressed as how they identify.
Did you know that Stage Door will credit your next month’s tuition $10 for every new student that enrolls with us and let’s us know it was YOU who referred them?
10 students = $100 credit!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer virtual classes?
As of 2020, Stage Door School of Dance now offers every single class both in-studio as well as virtually. All classes are live streamed via Zoom, which dancers can access weekly via their family portal.
If I don't like a class, can I change the class I'm enrolled in?
Pending class space and availability, yes, a dancer may change the class they are enrolled in. However additional recital costume fees may apply.
What's the recital costume process?
All dancers participating in our annual, end-of-year recital will be measured for their costume in early October. Costume fees are deducted from your family account in early-mid November. Costumes begin arriving and try-ons start as of January and continue through April. Costumes will go home with families in March.
What is my family MYSDSD account?
All Stage Door School of Dance families are provided a MYSDSD account upon enrolling their dancer. This is an online portal where you may make payments, enroll / unenroll in classes, find costume information when available, as well as the link to attend your class virtually via Zoom. Your MYSDSD account can be accessed via the top right corner of our website or – here.
When is recital and is it mandatory?
Our recitals are produced annually in early to mid June over the course of a weekend (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). Each class will appear in one performance over the 5-6 show weekend. It should be noted, that while we do our best to accommodate dancers in multiple classes, there is a potential that your dancer may appear in multiple performances. Participation in the recital is not mandatory for our recreational dancers, but is encouraged. They are held at the Stony Brook Universities Staller Center for the Performing Arts in a Broadway caliber theater.
Can I try a class before officially signing up?
Absolutely! Stage Door School of Dance offers 1 free trial of any class for all ages and skill levels. Click the “Book a Free Trial” button in the menu bar! If you are currently enrolled with Stage Door School of Dance, you should consider taking advantage of our “Refer-a-Friend” program. Invite a friend to try a class for free, and if they register you will have a $10 credit applied to your next months tuition!