Stage Door School of Dance Presents
Our 2022 Recital
Introducing Our Recital 2022 Theme
Stage Door School of Dance is proud to announce the theme of our Recital 2022, “There’s No Place Like Home“!
When you think of Stage Door, we want you to know and feel that you will always have a home away from home when you are with us. Whether it is at the studio, or shining on the big stage, we are excited to have the theme of our recital be a celebration of you finding your dance home here at Stage Door School of Dance!
Stage Door will also be returning to our recital ‘home’ at the Staller Center of the Performing Arts located at Stony Brook University for the first time since 2019. This Broadway sized and caliber theater allows for Stage Door to provide our families with, not just another dance recital but, a high-quality, professionally produced dance production. We are excited to finally see our dancers back up on the Staller Center stage and under the spotlights they deserve, performing in THE BEST SHOW EVER!
Be sure to check back here for more information about our 2022 recital “There’s No Place Like Home” as it becomes available.
Including: Recital Performance Schedule, Ticket Sales, Merchandise Sales, FAQs, and more!
Recital Ticket Information
Recital 2022 Tickets will go on sale as of May 15. Please take a moment to view the following video outlining our Recital 2022 Ticket Purchasing Information.
- June 10 @ 7pm: Tickets on Sale May 15 @ 10:30am
- June 11 @ 11am: Tickets on Sale May 15 @ 11:00am
- June 11 @ 4pm: Tickets on Sale May 15 @ 11:30am
- June 12 @ 11am: Tickets on Sale May 15 @ 12:00pm
- June 12 @ 4pm: Tickets on Sale May 15 @ 12:30pm
- General Public & Additional Tickets on Sale May 16 @ 2:30pm
IMPORTANT: On the day of ticket sales, please direct all technical questions to TutuTix directly by contacting 1-855-222-2849. Stage Door School of Dance will not be able to assist you with any technical questions regarding the TutuTix website.
Recital Dress Rehearsal Week & Class Pictures
- Dress Rehearsal – May 19-25: Dress rehearsal will take place May 19-25 held right here at the studio during regularly scheduled class times. We ask that your dancer arrives at the studio in costume with their hair and makeup done the way you plan on doing it for recital! All information about your dancer’s hair and makeup can be found on your MYSDSD portal in the resources section beginning Monday May 16.
- Class Group Photos: During Dress Rehearsal week, we will also have each class professionally photographed together in their costumes. Please note: This is separate from individual Costume Photo Day on May 22.
Click to view, enlarge, and download.
Become a Recital 2022 Parent / Guardian Volunteer
The studio is alive with excitement and in full recital preparation mode. In order to put on the best recital experience for the dancers and the audience we rely on our parents to lend a helping hand backstage.
So, if you are new to Stage Door, are returning but have not experienced a Staller Center recital, or are a seasoned recital veteran please consider learning more and signing up to become a volunteer below. It’s your turn to be a part of the #BestShowEver!
No. Dancers do not have to participate in our annual recital. However, we encourage all dancers to participate as it is a great, fun experience that assists in the learning process.
Classes will begin learning their recital dance in January upon returning to class following the winter-break
Staller Center for Performing Arts – located on Stony Brook University Campus.
The performance is typically scheduled for early-to-mid-June. Our 2022 performances will be held between June 10-12, 2022.
Each class will appear in one performance over the 5-6 show weekend. Although we do our best to accommodate dancers in multiple classes, and families with multiple children performing, we cannot guarantee that your dancer and / or family will appear in only one performance over the weekend. This also means, your family may be required to purchase tickets to multiple performances.
Recital General Information
Event Dates: June 10-12, 2022
Event Location: Staller Center for the Performing Arts