Are you passionate about dance AND making a positive impact in the lives of others? Join us at Stage Door School of Dance to volunteer as a weDance Shadow!
The perfect weDance Shadow is empathetic, caring, patient, friendly, and cooperative with unquestionable dedication. Are we looking for YOU?
- What is weDance?
The Stage Door School of Dance Program for Differently-Abled dancers with physical, cognitive, behavioral, and/or emotional needs.
- What is a weDance Shadow?
weDance Shadows are volunteer student assistants assigned to each individual weDance Dancer. Shadows work closely with each dancer to break down instructions and choreography, provide physical prompting or mobility, as well as assisting the teacher throughout the class.
- Who can become a weDance Shadow?
Anyone who is 10 years old or older that wishes to volunteer their time. Enrollment with SDSD is not required. Counts towards community service hours, and training will be provided.
- Dance shadows take their guidance from our experienced special needs teachers and do not need any type of experience.
- weDance classes currently take place Saturdays, and Summer weDance classes will take place Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Shadows must commit to weekly attendance.
- Positions available asap.
- This is a volunteer only opportunity.
- Enrollment with SDSD is not required.